| || |
Salaries and Benefits for the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
- Applicants must pass an extensive background investigation to the satisfaction of the Sheriff-Coroner.
- Must be 20 years of age by date of written exam.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien who has filed for citizenship prior to application date.
- Must have a U.S. high school diploma, or a satisfactory score on the GED or California High School Proficiency test, or have an AA or BA from accredited U.S. school of higher education.
- Must have no felony convictions as a juvenile or adult AND cannot currently be on any form of probation.
- Must have no domestic violence convictions AND cannot currently be the subject of a domestic violence restraining order.
Qualified lateral applicants will also:
- Be currently employed as a Peace Officer by a California state, county or city agency.
- Have attended a full time, intensive format, California POST approved academy.
- Have a California POST "Basic" Certificate.
Testing Process: The lateral testing process will be the same as a Deputy Sheriff Trainee, you will be required to complete the following scheduled exams:
- Written Examination
- Physical Agility
- Oral Interview
- Background Interview
- Psychological (written and oral)
Deputy Sheriff I
- $29.36 to $39.90/hour
- $61,069 to $82,992 annually
Deputy Sheriff II (Maximum)
- $42.16/hour $87,693 annually
Plus, Incentive Pay for:
- Shift Differential
- POST Certifications
- Special Assignment
- Field Training Officer
The County of Orange offers a comprehensive benefit package to its employees including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Annual Leave
- 19 days after the first year
- 27 days after three years
- 32 days after ten years
- Holidays (12 paid per year)
- Paid Retirement (3% at 55 plan)
- Tuition Reimbursement ($2,000/year)
- Uniforms Provided
- Alternative Schedules are Available
As a Deputy Sheriff you will have the opportunity to be assigned to a variety of traditional and specialized assignments including:
- Motorcycle Patrol
- Community Programs
- Harbor Patrol
- Commercial Traffic Enforcement
- School Resource Officer
- Mounted Enforcement
- Gang Enforcement Team
- Aero Bureau
- Warrant Service Team
- Bicycle Patrol
- Neighborhood Enhancement Team
- Training/Academy Staff
- Major Accident Response Team
- Dive Team
- Auto Theft Detail
- Bank Robbery Apprehension Team
- Court Services
- Bomb Squad
- Drug Enforcement Team
- Field Training Officer
How to Apply
Interested individuals are encouraged to call recruiting at 714-834-5811 for more information and opportunities with our department.